Since you are considering starting your own business you must be an entrepreneur. Before you launch your dream business I suggest you ‘interview’ at least 3 entrepreneurs that may be friends, strangers or someone you know from doing business with them (please no husbands or wives, that’s cheating).Â I want you to ask them the following questions:
- What was the biggest challenge in starting up their business?
- What type of problems did they encounter that they hadn’t anticipated?
- What kind of support did they wish they had when they were starting out?
- When did they feel they were ‘over the hump’?
- Did their vision of the business change at all over the course of the first year?
- What would they do differently if they could do it over?
I want you to take this little questionnaire seriously. It may take only a few minutes over a coffee and doesn’t have to be a formal meeting. Most people are attentive and appreciate being asked questions about how they succeeded.
Keep your answers and compare them to my next blog. I think the answers may be insightful!