I owned a Commercial Photography business with an international reputation, Marketing /Business Consultancy and was an Internet Webmaster. My boutique Advertising Agency provided custom services to a wide variety of international businesses.
Forbes (May, 2017) said Bizzo was #9 of the Top 25 Small Business accounts on Twitter. London-based Richtopia said Bizzo was on the list of the Top 200 Social Influencers in the World for 2017.
I am an international Mentor and Business Coach to over 1000 leaders, investors and entrepreneurs. He consults with numerous multinationals and two foreign governments. I am a published business writer, an author; a Book on Business Start-ups called “How to Start a Successful Business – the First Time” and “Social Media Rockstar – Social Media Marketing for Entrepreneurs and Business” both on Amazon. I was a National Finalist for the Business Development Bank’s Mentor of the Year 2014. My book was Nominated in May 2014 for the National Small Business Awards 2014. I was nominated for the 2014 & 2015 Small Business Influencers Award in the Leadership category. Entrepreneur Magazine said I was one of 17 Masters of Marketing & PR and an incredible resource for entrepreneurs.
I am an Agent of Change with a Social media following well over 500,000. I am an Elite Weekly Writer for Equity Magazine, the largest platform for Emerging Growth Companies in the world. I am the Adjunct Professor of Social Media Marketing, MBA School of Management, New York Institute of Technology (Vancouver Campus)
I attended University of New Brunswick (BA), Queens University, Simon Fraser University, City University (MBA) and received the international Certification with APEC (Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation) – Certified Business Counsellor from Acadia University, Nova Scotia, in 2011. I have taken MBA courses from Harvard, Wharton and MIT via a Massive Online Open Curriculum (MOOC).
Past/Current Memberships, Executive and Boards of Directors
- Partner, Equifaira Advisors, Liquidity Event Planners (Private Equity Financing)
- Partner/Founder, MC Nanotech Corporation (Energy)
- Director, Greanwold Interactive (Gaming)
- Managing Director, International English Education Development Institute (Canada/China)
- Founder/Partner Kickstart
- President, BC Entrepreneur Development Association
- Chairman, (Community Partner), Canadian Youth Business Foundation
- Executive Director, Winston College
- Former Partner, VivaVera/BIZZO Producers of The Dreaming Room (a Michael Gerber Company) in Vancouver
- Partner, Be Your Own Boss Consulting Inc.
- Director, Sino-Canadian Hitech Co. Ltd.
- Director, Canada-China Import Exporters Association
- Director, Burrard Inlet Artists Association
- Director, Power Productions Corp.
- Director, SeedFundR (Equity Crowdfunding)
- Treasurer, BC Speed Skating Association
- Board of Advisors, Mentor Plus+
- Board of Advisors, Power Strata Corp
- Member, Canadian Council for Small Business & Entrepreneurship
- Member, Acadia Centre for Social & Business Entrepreneurship
- Member, Canadian Community Economic Development Network
- Member, Asia Pacific Community Cooperation (APEC)
- Board of Advisors, New York Institute of Technology (Vancouver Campus)