One of my clients lives in Vancouver and is struggling with his business. He decided to take a respite and take a month off to his native El Salvador to get energized. Ouch I thought that was my job!
On Video Skype we figured a few of life’s truisms in relation to business. BTW Skype is terrible when it’s raining in Vancouver and your client is sitting on a luxurious patio in 90 degrees while sipping a margarita and has to tell his girlfriend to cover up.
Anyway the thoughts on what makes a business successful looks like this:
– Do what you love
– Provide a service to others
– Look for opportunities everywhere
-Don’t be afraid of risk, it’s inevitable
– Have a Business Plan and execute it
-Learn from your mistakes
-Get help, others may have gone through the same stuff you have
– If your passion can’t make money find a new passion
– Be patient and stick to it
– For heavens sake have a balanced business/personal life
A colleague overheard me tell an entrepreneur that no matter what- have fun! She thought that was very kewl and thinking about it have fun work will come easier.